Ok, so I now know that John Locke is the black smoke, and I can only assume that Jacob created him since Jacob keeps whining about a monster he created that is trying to kill him. Jacob is apparently in charge of protecting the island (who put Jacob in charge? seems like they made a big fat whoops with that decision) Desmond is Jacob’s fail safe, in case his candidates are all killed by John Locke (I assume he is the monster Jacob is referring to). In the Los Angeles setting it seems that Desmond and Hugo are actually people that collect those ready to die?
I still have no idea why they’re protecting this island, but after this episode it seems like the Jack, Kate, Hugo, Sawyer crew were not originally on this island but on another island…Jacob brought them to this island…for his own purposes — to protect the island. Jacob seems a tad selfish. Also I have to question Jacob’s decision making process, who chooses people to protect something based on the fact that they were fuck ups in their ‘previous lives’? Come on.
Also what’s up with Ben? Island Ben seems to have a real stick shoved up his ass with his rando killings, and he definitely is not someone I would listen to if I were in survival mode. LA Ben is so mousey…with the exception of beating up LA Desmond, though in this fight I may need to side with LA Ben. Desmond, you shouldn’t hit people in wheelchairs with cars, it’s not nice. Anyways, I don’t know how I feel about Ben, so far I don’t think I like him.
- Why does Desmond have electro-magnetic madness going on?
- Kate is a mom? What!? I guess an island is a great way to lose that post baby weight.
- Why is Claire living with Jack? I get that they’re siblings, but honestly how do you have two people grow up together one with an Aussie accent and the other with an American accent? Let’s get real here people.
- What is going on between Jack and his wife? Something is weird, even Jack’s kid said so.
- Who is Alex? Who is Danielle? Are they cool?…I assume yes, they made Coq-au-vin.